Midori & Friends
"In a 12 Notes residency, students in Grades 3-12 learn to play instruments or sing, both during and after school from September-June. Our Talented Teaching Artists provide high-quality instruction on woodwinds, brass, percussion, guitar, strings and voice. Each student receives an instrument to bring home for practice, a method book and a M&F Guidebook that outlines musical terms, skills and invites self-reflection.
- Instills core life values such as joy, perseverance and collaboration
- Engenders school pride and strengthens a sense of community
- Develops schools’ capacity for sustainable music programs
- Works together with school leadership to customize all program elements, as well as assess the impact and student progress
- Ensures sequential instrument instruction
M&F offers opportunities for advanced students to further their musical acumen. Advanced students can participate in after-school bands, ensembles and choruses to elevate their musicianship and collaborative skills."
- open to grades 3-5
- 2 times per week for 11 weeks
- (optional) after-school classes - 1 time per week