Brainfuse - Public Library
Optional Tutoring Resource Available through Public Libraries
The City of New York’s three public library systems—Brooklyn Public Library, New York Public Library, and Queens Public Library—are providing free access to Brainfuse, which is an online tutoring platform for families and students. This resource is available seven days a week, from 2:00–11:00 p.m., and provides support to all grade levels in the following areas:
- Homework Help: Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading/writing, social studies, PSAT/SAT, ACT, AP and state standardized tests.
- Skills-Building: Choose your topic to receive real-time help.
- Personalized eLearning Tools: My File Sharing, My Session Replay, My Tutoring Archive, My Tests Archive, and more.
- 24-Hour Writing Lab: Submit essays and other kinds of writing for constructive feedback.
- Homework Questions: Submit homework questions for expert guidance.
- Adult Learning Center: Access a library of rich, adult-learning content (GED), and live, professional assistance in resume/cover letter writing, U.S. citizenship prep, MS Office Essential Skills series, and more.
- Foreign Language Lab/Spanish-Speaking Support.
To access Brainfuse, New York State residents must sign up for a free library card in one of the three library systems. See below for information about how school communities in all five boroughs can obtain library cards at any of the three public library systems:
- Brooklyn Public Library: To obtain a Brooklyn Public Library eCard, fill out this form. Families and students may access Brainfuse using their Brooklyn Public Library eCard.
- New York Public Library: To obtain a New York Public Library eCard, download and use the SimplyE app. Please note that this app has been uploaded to all iPads issued by the DOE. For instructions on how to apply using the SimplyE app, please visit NYPL.org. Families and students may access Brainfuse using their New York Public Library eCard.
- Queens Public Library: To obtain a Queen Public Library eCard, fill out this form. Families and students may access Brainfuse using their Queens Public Library eCard.